High molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural physiological constituent of connective tissue.
It plays a critical role in the collagen-making process. Made up mostly of collagen, it is one of the major
components of the human body. HA is the most abundant high molecular weight glycosaminoglycan of healthy
soft periodontal tissues.4 It is active in tissue regeneration and influences the migration of fibroblasts and
fibrinogenesis, thus making the healing of tissue easier. It performs 3 synergistic effects: anti-inflammatory,
accelerates the healing process and provides a protective barrier.
Contributing to the barrier function and tensile strength of the periodontal ligament, HA is essential for healthy gingival tissues. In the initial stage of inflammation and periodontal disease, tissue’s requirement for HA increases by 200%, demonstrating its central role in regulating cell turnover and optimizing tissue regeneration. When lacking HA, healing will be delayed and inflammation will continue
• Anti-inflammatory effect
• In conjunction with scaling and root planing:
• Reduces bleeding in patients with chronic periodontitis
• Effective against gingival pockets
• Promotes and accelerates gingival re-attachment after surgical trauma
• Can be applied by dental hygienists
• Pre-filled syringes are individually blister-packed to ensure the integrity of the product
• Syringes supplied with 4 long flexible tips to ensure better application of the product to the points which are most difficult to reach
• Tip secured to the syringe with the simple, immediately understandable luer-lock system
• Odourless and colourless
0.8 % Hyaluronic acid
• 4 pre-filled 1 ml syringes
• 4 disposable plastic tips
One application (1ml) per appointment
1. Remove the screw cap from the syringe.
2. Attach the disposable tip to the syringe.
3. Apply Gengigel to the base of the periodontal pockets.
High molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural physiological constituent of connective tissues. It is the most abundant high molecular weight glycosaminoglycan of healthy soft periodontal tissues.4
... Client was so happy! Excellent result! I recommended a 3 month hygiene appointment to check the area and at that time I will take 1 PA for comparison of the PA that was taken in September 2016. [Read more »]
- Christine Chore, RDH, PID, BSc (DH), Floss-On & Smile-On